Winchester Farmers Market COVID-19 Guidelines
We are following guidelines from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Town of Winchester to make the Market as safe as possible.
We have moved our market to the Town Hall Parking Lot, the walk-in entrance is at Mount Vernon Street and you will exit out to Skilling Road.
We have canceled performers, Kids Table, community groups and other activities – all for social distancing.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO
- If you’re sick, or under quarantine, stay home
- Clean masks or other face coverings are required for everyone at the market
- Wash or sanitize your hands when you enter the shopping area and exit
- Shop alone if you can. Leave your kids at home, if you can.
- No pets are allowed.
- Pre-order from each vendor if possible
- Pay with credit/debit cards or bring small bills
Download our weekly vendor map (to come soon) and plan your one-way path through the Market.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE DOING
- Special Half Hour: 9:30-10:00am for people 60+ and vulnerable persons
- We’ve set up the Market to enable social distancing of 6 feet
- There will be a limited number of shoppers in the market at one time
- Maximum of 3 shoppers at a vendor at one time
- Markings will indicate where to stand while waiting
- There will be an one-way path through the Market
- No congregating in the Market area, or after you leave
HERE’S WHAT OUR VENDORS ARE DOING
- Vendors encourage pre-orders to speed your shopping
- This is a no-touch market – vendors will get all items for you.
- Vendors all have new social distancing and sanitation methods
- Drop cash or SNAP tokens into a container to limit touching
- No eating at the Market, no samples at vendor tents
- Vendors may not handle reusable bags, but you may put your purchases in your own bag
FOOD ASSISTANCE AT THE MARKET
- We continue to match SNAP and FMNP coupons. Most of our produce vendors participate in HIP. See food assistance details.
- We’re using new tokens for SNAP – get them at the Manager’s Tent at the entrance
- Vendors will have containers for you to put tokens in, which limits touching
- If you still have tokens from previous years, take them to the Manager’s tent to trade for tokens
Thanks to the Select Board, the Town Administrator, the Department of Health, and the Department of Public Works for their help this season.