Winchester Farmers Market COVID-19 Guidelines
We are following guidelines from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Town of Winchester to make the Market as safe as possible.
For the second time, our market will be located at the Town Hall Parking Lot, the walk-in entrance is at Mount Vernon Street and you will exit out to Skilling Road.
We’re no longer in a state of emergency, but the pandemic is not over. Our goal is to make everyone (vendors, staff and shoppers) feel safe and comfortable. This season we will have musical performers, artists, community groups and other activities – all with social distancing.
We encourage masks for everyone, especially non-vaccinated people over the age of 5.
Vendors and Market staff will wear masks.
No eating or drinking at the Market.
You may select your own produce. There’s a limit of 4 people at each stand at a time.
Lines form along the social distancing marks, which are 4 feet apart.
Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance.
If you’re sick or under quarantine, please stay home.
Depending on crowds, we may limit the number of shoppers in the Market.
- If you’re sick, or under quarantine, stay home
- Wash or sanitize your hands when you enter the shopping area and exit
- Pre-order from each vendor if possible
- Pay with credit/debit cards or bring small bills
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE DOING
- Special Half Hour: 9:30-10:00am for people 60+ and vulnerable persons
- We’ve set up the Market to enable social distancing of 4 feet
- There will be a limited number of shoppers in the market
- Maximum of 4 shoppers at a vendor at one time
- Markings will indicate where to stand while waiting
- There will be an one-way path through the Market
HERE’S WHAT OUR VENDORS ARE DOING
- Vendors encourage pre-orders to speed up your shopping
- Vendors all have social distancing and sanitation methods
- Drop cash or SNAP tokens into a container to limit touching
- No eating at the Market, no samples at vendor tents
- Vendors may not handle reusable bags, but you may put your purchases in your own bag
FOOD ASSISTANCE AT THE MARKET
- We continue to match SNAP and FMNP coupons. Most of our produce vendors participate in HIP. See food assistance details.
- We’re using new tokens for SNAP – get them at the Manager’s Tent at the entrance
- If you still have tokens from previous years, take them to the Manager’s tent to trade for tokens
Thanks to the Select Board, the Town Administrator, the Department of Health, and the Department of Public Works for their help this season.