The end of August brings Labor Day BBQs, and the taste of the summertime with fresh corn, watermelons, greens, and more. Come relax under the ole oak tree for friendly outdoor fun, music listening, picnicking and shopping.
Music at 9:30 is The Erlenmeyers, 11:00 Morgan Minsk Authentic, indie folk-soul and at 12:15 Bottom of the Barrel with original/cover acoustic bluegrass.
Artist Ruth Lieberherr will demonstrate making paper collage and cut-out paper cards. Her new book is out, The Boy Without A Name, which is based upon the life of her father who was among the many “Verdingkinder” (contract children) in Switzerland. Plus she will bring her picture books: By Some Great Spell, Hafez, the Mathematical Stonecutter, The Knottles, Journey to Inner Space and Winter, Awake! and her cards and prints of her paintings.
- Our full time vendors for the season:
- farms like E L Silvia, Flats Mentor Farm, Lanni Orchards, Warner Farm, Wright-Locke Farm will bring what is ready to harvest, Copicut Farms bring their fresh meats and eggs, and River Rock Farm dry aged beef.
- Baked goods : pastries and cookies from Keegan Kreations, Mamadou Artisan Bakery’s delicious breads and pastries, OMG Bakery bagels, english muffins and challah bread
- Sustainable fish and seafood from Boston Sword & Tuna
- Prepared food from Del Sur Empanadas, Patty’s Guacamole freshly made at the market.
- Delicious Tewksbury Honey
Amir’s Natural Foods, Bittersweet Herb Farm, Hanson Farm ‘The Lemon Spot’ Freshly made lemonade, Pure Pastry- Kim Gregory baked goods, and guest vendors with arts and crafts.